Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rosemary Roasted Carrots

I love these carrots! They are delicious, healthy, and so easy to make. One of the best things about them is that you don't need to wash a bowl or the baking dish because you mix it all up right on the foil lined pan. They're one of the first real things I cooked (other than boxed mac and cheese or spaghetti) when I was about 13. Fast forward a few years and when I was 16, it was my responsibility to make Christmas dinner for my family. I made a baked ham, baked apples, corn pudding, scalloped potatoes and these carrots. My dad announced that we needed to go visit someone when the carrots were already in the oven so I just lowered the temperature before we left. When we got home an hour and a half or so later, the carrots were VERY shriveled but know what? They still tasted great!

Note: You can make them with dried dill if you'd like or experiment with other herbs but rosemary is my favorite herb so it's the one I usually choose. Before you sprinkle on the rosemary, crush it with a mortar and pestle or just rub it between your palms a few times to release the flavor. I also think kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper taste the best on them but you can use what you have.


Rosemary Roasted Carrots

1 lb bag of baby carrots, minus 1 for each of your pet bunnies
1 T olive oil
3/4 t salt
1/4 t dried rosemary
1/8 t pepper

Preheat oven to 400 and line a small metal baking sheet with foil, shiny side up. Drain off excess water from bag of carrots and empty onto baking sheet. Dab with paper towel to absorb some of the moisture. Drizzle with the olive oil and seasonings, then use your hand to mix everything up. Arrange the carrots evenly over the baking sheet and bake about 30 minutes or until they're as tender as you'd like.

Yield: 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment