Thursday, May 18, 2017

Default Green Smoothie

Charming name, no?  I picked it because that's what it is: the default smoothie I make several times a week with the Vitamix blender we received as a gift (thanks, Mom!).  You can get creative with the fruit and use all the same kind or a mix.  Also, if I put in apples, I sometimes leave out the carrots because even with a Vitamix blender, there's a little more texture in the finished smoothie than I prefer.  It's not bad by any means, though.  You could also try adding cucumbers or zucchini or another mild tasting vegetable instead of the carrots.  I'll do that here one of these days and update the post then.  My husband and I both love this smoothie, no matter how I make it!
  
I would also like to add that an inexpensive blender may not do a good job with the raw carrot.
  
Default Green Smoothie
  
1 C plain greek yogurt
1/2 C cold water
2 bananas
about 3 C somewhat packed down spinach or torn up kale
3/4 C baby carrots
1 1/2 to 2 C fresh or frozen fruit, like strawberries, blueberries, mango chunks, pineapple chunks, peach chunks, apple slices, or peeled oranges
optional: 2 or so Tbsp lemon or lime juice
  
Place everything in the blender in the order listed in the recipe.  Put on lid and blend according to your blender's directions until smooth.
  
Yield: 2 large smoothies or 4 small ones

No comments:

Post a Comment